Why Fundraising is Needed
With 1 in 30 people suffering from kidney disease at some stage in their lives and with spending on kidney related procedures and treatments accounting for some 5% of the NHS budget, it is not surprising that not all patients' requirements can be met. Throughout its history the SCKPA has attempted to close the gap through its fundraising.
At the SCKPA AGM in 2019 it was announced that since its inception in 2008, the SCKPA Lottery had contributed over £10,500 to SCKPA funds. Fundraising continues to help improve patient facilities in our renal wards, provide therapist treatments and help in cases of financial hardship. Click for more details on our kidney patient advisors and therapists
To-date, as requested by the dialysis units, the SCKPA branches have provided:
- eight mattress overlays for the Milton Keynes unit (funded by the local branch)
- three wrist blood pressure monitors for the Milton Keynes unit (funded by the local branch)
- a new fridge for patients sandwiches etc. in the Wycombe unit
- an individual television set with headphones and remote controller for each dialysis bed in Stoke Mandeville unit (funded by the local branch)
- new chairs for visitors in the Milton Keynes unit (funded by the local branch)
- individual fans for each bed in the Wycombe unit to help patients keep cool during summer heatwaves
- May 2021: 3 wall clocks, 10 A4 wall poster holders and a wall mounted leaflet dispenser/brochure holder, funded by the Milton Keynes branch
The SCKPA is always pleased to hear from fundraisers and if you have a novel suggestion how to help, please email Jose, our head of fundraising, and let him know!
Click on the links below for details on how we continue to raise money:
Lottery: you have to be in it to win it! Over £6,000 has been paid out to-date in prizes!
SCKPA merchandise: SCKPA and kidney related items available to purchase at meetings
Sidney da Kidney: he would love to go on holiday with you!
Donating: there are many ways to donate to help raise funds
Wills: please remember the SCKPA in your will