There are many useful websites with a wealth of information on a wide range of aspects of kidney disease, what causes it, types of treatment and how to live with it.
- Link to the Oxford renal unit
- How kidney disease is managed
- Links to the Kidney Patient Guide with information on haemodialysis, peritioneal dialysis and transplants
- How to sign up to be an organ donor
- Carry an NHS organ donor card
- Information on the new laws taking effect from Spring 2020
- Links to dialysis units in the UK and abroad
- Cruises providing on-board haemodialysis
Kidney charities with useful websites:
Kidney Patient Guide: UK site full of useful information
National Kidney Federation: largest kidney patient charity in the UK with up-to-date reports on the All Party Parliamentary Kidney Group (APPKG)
Oxford Kidney Unit: offers a range of renal patient information leaflets
Kidney Care UK: used to be the British Kidney Patient Association
Patient View: if your local unit is registered, information is given on how to view and download your latest blood & test results and records
Polycystic Kidney Disease
- PKD Charity: supporting adults and children with polycystic kidney disease
Nutrition & Medication
Nutritionist Resource: quality nutritional advice from professionals
NHS Treatment of chronic kidney disease: including lifestyle changes, medication, coping with high blood pressure and cholesterol, water retention, anaemia etc.
DrugWatch: includes a warning on the use of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte, two substances marketed by Fresenius Medical Care that have been linked to an increase risk of heart attacks and other health complicaitons.